Last week we met with the adoption attorney at the firm we are using. I was a little nervous going in, because I just wasn't sure what to expect. I had so many emotions and feelings running through me. When I was teaching, I used to get nervous the night before the first day of school. My co-workers and I always called this "hot tummy."That's kind of how I felt walking in... "hot tummy."
The attorney and paralegal were wonderful! They made us both feel so at ease. We were able to sit, chat, and walk through the process with them. Some of the information we already knew, as we had talked with a few families who had gone through the same process we were speaking with them about. However, it was nice to hear the "legal" side of it all, and be able to express our fears, questions, concerns, and thoughts! It was also helpful to talk through the process with them and see what all we needed to "get in order" to formally move forward with our adoption.
So, that's where we are right now. Moving forward. FBI checks, Home Study, physicals, paperwork, paperwork, paperwork, letters of recommendation, and completing our adoption profile book.
As of now, we feel that we are going to take November and December to continue adjusting as a family to our soon-coming addition, enjoy the holidays together, and travel up north to visit with family. We will continue to pray for God's perfect timing to be made clear. We know the next two months hold much fun and excitement, but are also very busy months of the year. We so much appreciate your prayers and support as we walk this road to meet our new sweet babe!
And OF COURSE, Mommy has already been "an it!" Check out this SCORE I found on our online garage sale! A $350 bassinet in amazing condition, for $25! Woo-Hoo!
And it's just so much fun starting to plan what this little ones room will look like!

Yeah! for moving forward! Cooper has that sheet too. He has never slept on it...Love that bassinet, awesome find!
ReplyDelete